Synopsis: export [OPTIONS] PROJECT(S)
- Alternate names – exp, ex
- Requires – Repository
- Changes – Current directory
Exports files from the repository to create a project tree that is not a
working copy (has no CVS/ administrative subdirectories). Useful mainly
for packaging distributions.
- -D DATE – Exports the latest revisions no later than DATE.
- -d DIR – Exports into DIR (otherwise, defaults to the module name).
- -f – Forces use of head revisions, if a given tag or date would result
in nothing being found (for use with -D or -r).
- -k MODE – Expands RCS keywords according to MODE. (See the section
Keyword Substitution (RCS Keywords) later in this chapter.)
- -l – Local. Exports only the top level of the project, no
- -N – Doesn't "collapse" empty intermediate directories. This option is
like the -N option to checkout (see checkout).
- -n – Does not run a module program as may be specified in
CVSROOT/modules. (See Repository Administrative Files
later in this chapter for more about this.)
- -P – Prunes empty directories (like the -P option to checkout or
- -R – Recursive. Exports all subdirectories of the project (the
default). The only reason to specify -R is to counteract a -l in a
- -r REV – Exports revision REV. REV is almost certainly a tag name, not
a numeric revision.