Synopsis: edit [OPTIONS] [FILES]
- Alternate names – None
- Requires – Working copy, repository
- Changes – Permissions in working copy, watchlist in repository
Signals that you are about to begin editing a watched file or files.
Also adds you as a temporary watcher to the file's watch list (you'll be
removed when you do cvs unedit). (See also watch,
watchers, unedit, and editors.)
- -a ACTIONS – Specifies for which actions you want to be a temporary
watcher. ACTIONS should be either edit, unedit, commit, all, or none.
(If you don't use -a, the temporary watch will be for all actions.)
- -l – Local. Signals editing for files in the current working directory
- -R – Recursive (this is the default). Opposite of b; you would only
need to pass -R to counteract a -l in a .cvsrc file.